- She was Born on November the 15 of 1869. Mew’s life was largely unhappy. Two of her brothers died in infancy and another in boyhood, and a brother and sister were committed to mental hospitals at a young age. Mew and her sister Anne vowed to remain childless so as not to transmit what they believed to be a family disorder.She was sexually repressed and poor.She commited suicide on march the 24 of 1928. Her life contributed to her style of writing channeling all her problems in her poems and stories.
- Rooms are described as parts of your life or diffrent memories in your head, like every time you enter to a room you get a diffrent sensation and feeling. Also she describes rooms like oppressive bceause you feel you cant go out from there.
- “Rooms where for good or for ill, things died”
- “Through every morning we seem to wake and might just as well seem to sleep again”
- What the begining tells us about the tone and voice of the poem is that its extremley melancholi. All throught the poem the voice talks about the past in a sad tone and in a melancholic tone.
- The theme is for us the past. The poem talks about how every room makes us remmber our past and makes us sad because it is over. The tone as we said in question 4 is melancholic and sad.
To se our poster clik here!